2017 LONDON BOOK FEST-Honorable Mention
2017 BEST BOOK AWARDS FEST-Finalist
Your husband cheated on you, and now you don’t recognize yourself.
You used to be so together, so trusting. Now you’re falling apart and doing things you would have never even considered doing, such as:
- Obsessively checking your husband’s email, text messaging, & social media accounts
- Freaking out if he is 10 minutes late (or if you text him and he doesn’t reply right away)
- Feeling disgusted with yourself: you’re too fat, too then, too old
- Wondering who is this guy that you married anyway. Was any of it real?
- After a rare happy moment with your husband, getting really, really angry and raging at him out of nowhere
You’re scared. Angry. Obsessive. Devastated.
One minute, you hope your marriage will make it. The next minute, you want to kill him. (And the other woman, too.)
All of this makes you feel like you are losing it. Sometimes you worry that you are going crazy. You wonder if you’ll ever be the same again.
You are NOT crazy! You are having a normal reaction to being blindsided by your husband’s betrayal! Your reactions are completely rational and expected responses to such a painful experience.
This book will help you figure out what to do as you deal with these explosive emotions. It’s important that you understand that your feelings—erratic and unpredictable as they may be—are normal. You need to understand why you feel the things you feel and what to do with those feelings.
Dr. Caroline Madden, infidelity recovery expert and licensed marriage therapist describes:
- Posttraumatic Affair Syndrome (PTAS)
- 7 Actions you want to take but should NOT (as They May Backfire Horribly)
- Understand why you feel crazy
- 12 Actions that will help you get back to the woman you were
- The stupid things your husband says and why he says it
The suggestions provided here will help you get through this difficult time, whether or not you stay in your marriage. It is geared towards helping you deal with your tumultuous emotions so that you can make sound decisions regarding next steps.
Buy “Blindsided By His Betrayal” and feel better.